Tomatoes are full of health enhancing properties, read on to discover how the humble tomato can improve your health. Tomatoes are loaded with many, many health benefits.
1. For your skin: Tomatoes contain a high level of lycopene, which is a substance that is used in some of the more pricy facial cleansers that are available for purchase over-the-counter. You can try a tomato mask for 10-15 minutes.
2. Prevent several types of cancer: A number of studies have been conducted that indicate that the high levels of lycopene in tomatoes works to reduce your chances of developing prostate, colorectal and stomach cancer.
3. Strong bones: Tomatoes contain a considerable amount of calcium and Vitamin K. Both of these nutrients are essential in strengthening and performing minor repairs on the bones as well as the bone tissue.
4. For your heart: Because of the Vitamin B and potassium in tomatoes, they are effective in reducing cholesterol levels and lowering blood pressure. Therefore, tomatoes can effectively prevent heart attacks, strokes as well as many other heart related problems that may threaten your life.
5. Good for your hair: The Vitamin A in tomatoes works perfectly to keep your hair shiny and strong. In addition, it also does wonders for your eyes, skin, bones and teeth.